EMCO UnLock IT is a neat free utility that helps you to take control of any file or folder when it is locked by some application or system. For every locked resource, you get a list of locking processes and can unlock it by terminating those processes. EMCO UnLock IT offers Windows Explorer integration that allows unlocking files and folders by one click in the context menu.
You can't change, move or delete a file because Windows says that it is used by another application? This is a typical situation when it's hard to decide what to do without additional assistance. Windows only suggests closing all applications that may be using the file, but it's not clear what specific applications are meant. Often, a computer reboot is the only way out in such a situation, but, in some cases, even a reboot cannot resolve the problem. What to do in this case? Is there any effective method of handling locked files and folders without a reboot?
EMCO UnLock IT was created to reveal the magic of file and folder locking. First of all, for every locked resource, it enables you to see a list of processes that control it. Having detailed information about the processes, you can identify respective applications and close them down in a natural way by following all required procedures, such as saving opened files, etc. Alternatively, you can force termination of the locking processes directly from UnLock IT to unlock the resource immediately. This approach can be helpful when you remove any viruses or spyware that grabbed control of your files.
Key Features and Benefits
EMCO UnLock IT is a tool that allows you to forget about problems with locked files. Start using it now and benefit from the following set of features:
- Detection of processes that hold locks for selected files or folders. Display detailed information for every process: name, owner and full path.
- One-click unlock by termination of the locking processes directly from UnLock IT.
- Ability to terminate viruses, trojans and other spyware processes that are protected from termination.
- Integration into Windows Explorer, which allows executing UnLock IT for any resource from the context menu.
- Modern, intuitive, easy-to-use and nice-looking interface.
- Automatic updates. You will be notified when a new version is released. If you want to have the most recent version, the update module will automatically download and install files that should be updated.